Max Rayetsky concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, construction litigation, real estate litigation, and commercial leasing and transactions.
In the area of litigation, Max has successfully prosecuted a recent series of real property plenary actions seeking injunctive relief on behalf of non-for-profit affordable housing developers and HDFCs.
He has also successfully negotiated and drafted a series of commercial leases for not-for-profit real estate developers and real property owners seeking to convert their construction loans into a permanent loan, rent out their roof-tops to mobile carriers or third-party brokers, or lease their ground-floor commercial space to retailers, restaurants, medical facilities and other businesses. Additionally, Max has counseled numerous for-profit and not-for-profit organizations on negotiating license agreements and other commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Goldstein Hall in 2016, Max worked for the law firm of Greenblatt Lesser, LLP specializing in construction, commercial, and corporate litigation.
Max received his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law, during which he worked as a law clerk at various private and public sector legal jobs. He earned his undergraduate degree from Fordham University, where he was a recipient of Dean’s List awards, a member of the National Political Science Honor Society (Pi Sigma Alpha), and an active participant in the school’s Mock Trial team.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Leasing and Transactions
- Bar Admissions
- State of New York, 2016
- United States District Court Eastern District of New York, 2016
- United States District Court Southern District of New York, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2016
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Fordham University, B.A., Political Science, 2009
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association, Construction Law Committee (Member, 2017 – present)
- Ukrainian, Russian
- Legal Presentations
- Moderator, HDFCs 101, panel discussion on issues facing HDFCs, February 2017