Niki Tsismenakis’ practice largely consists of affordable housing and community development, real estate finance, cooperative and condominium law, and not-for-profit law.
Niki, who joined Goldstein Hall in 2010, has experience in projects involving 9% and 4% low-income housing tax credits and New York City Housing Development Corporation and New York State Housing Finance Agency tax exempt and refunded bond programs. She is also knowledgeable in 420-c and Article XI tax abatements, and has represented clients in projects involving scattered-site locations, Year 15 transactions, syndication, and inclusionary air rights. She also provides expertise in Goldstein Hall’s Emerging Developer Program, which helps reduce barriers for new developers and contractors in the affordable housing industry.
At Brooklyn Law School, Niki participated in its Corporate and Real Estate Clinic, where she advised low-income cooperative boards on corporate governance issues. She also held internship positions with Enterprise Community Partners, Inc., the New York City Housing Development Corporation, and a prominent East Coast law firm.
Niki has received the Max M. Lome Memorial Prize for Excellence in Urban Law, the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Commercial Leasing, Negotiation, and Corporate & Real Estate Clinic seminar. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association Real Property Law Section Committee on Condominiums and Cooperatives, the New York Housing Conference’s Young Leadership Council, and the New York Chapter of Women in Housing and Finance.
- Affordable Housing and Community Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Cooperative and Condominium Law
- Not-for-Profit Law
- Special Initiatives
- Emerging Developers
- Bar Admissions
- State of New York
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., with a Certificate in Real Estate Law, 2011
- St. John’s University, B.A., (magna cum laude), Government & Politics and Philosophy, 2008
- Max M. Lome Memorial Prize for Excellence in Urban Law, June 2011
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Commercial Leasing, Negotiation, and Corporate & Real Estate Clinic – Seminar
- New York State Bar Association Real Property Law Section Committee on Condominiums & Cooperatives
- New York Housing Conference’s Young Leadership Council
- Women in Housing and Finance, Inc.
- Legal Presentations
- Moderator, Emerging Developer Program: Women Make it Work: Exploring Opportunities in Affordable Housing, November 2017
- Presenter, WHF Brown Bag, Negotiating Project Deal Points, March 2017
- Presenter, HDC Mix and Match 101: Development under HDC’s Mix and Match Program Roundtable, March 2016
- Moderator, 2015 NYSAFAH Conference: Revitalizing New York State Communities, May 2015
- Presenter, Introduction to Development & Deal Making: Joint Ventures, ANHD, Spring 2015
- Presenter, Cooperative Ownership Conversion: The Legal Process, ANHD, Spring 2015